How are you all? Hope you are well? I’m sitting here this morning with the rain lashing down, still in my pyjamas I might add, with achey legs and a happy heart. This weekend was a good un. We travelled up to London, taking the boys on their first ever trip to the big smoke and the sun SHONE!
I will share more details of it soon, with a proper review of the hotel and what we got up to. But right now I just wanted to say hi.
Over the weekend I have had a chance to really think about the blog, and how it is now. Five years ago it really was a family journal, but along the way with press requests and sponsored posts, the family life element of the blog has fallen off. Sadly, I had to step up as money earner and make this blog pay when Dan was made redundant, but now I feel I need to get LGS back on track.
I hope to rectify this, with reintroducing my monthly manifesto, and to tell you how my weekend was, good or bad. To show snapshots of our every day life. I hope you will still join me on my blogging journey, and I hope I haven’t bored you to tears!
So here are a few things that happened over the weekend:
- we saw Buckingham palace
- Pelicans in St James Park
- Free beer on Carnaby Street
- Got hot and sweaty in Hamleys
- Ate street food on the South Bank
- Filmed instalments of the ‘Taylor Bros’ – a project that Dan and the boys are doing
- Waved at people on boats on the Thames
- Saw dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum (Ru got so scared at the T-Rex)
- Lost his DJ BBQ cap in the NHM :(
- Walked for miles
- Saw one of the midwives from Call the Midwife
- Ate too many sweets
There – a little snapshot! Fingers crossed we get his cap back – only had it a week! :(