Gosh time is surely running away with me! I’ve realised I haven’t shared this years advent calendar with you! I know you have probably already in mid-swing with yours, but if you fancy making one for next year, here it is.
Our sparkling night advent….
Here’s how we made our advent calendar…
- I drew simple jolly christmas tree shape on to a piece of plywood, and my clever mister, Dan, cut it out for me.
- I then added gold star stickers to the ply for a little christmas sparkle
- Placing the tree into a simple wire basket from Rose & Grey adding pine cones and white baubles to the basket.
- Added a stag to the basket for a little woodland magic.
- For the presents, I found some simple white boxes on ebay, and decorated them with a white tag which displayed the day of the month and top each with a little white bauble. Inside are chocolates, and activity ideas, which can be simple as writing Christmas cards to going skating.
- Next I added some decorations to the tree, a white christmas tree and black star
- Finally – to add drama to our sparkling winter scene, I hung a white paper star from Mon Pote and a large grey star from Rose & Grey.
So that is it! Simple and easy to make – but with a great impact. The tree can be used over and over again in the years to come. Charlie has asked for it be in his room next Christmas. It won’t have the chocolate with it though love!
Collaboration Note: Thank you to Rose & Grey, Mon Pote and B&Q for gifting us these beautiful decorations. All words, styling and imagery are my own. Thank you for supporting the posts that make this blog possible.
You might also like to read past Christmas ideas: